I Wanted to Re-enact the Last Supper but No One Wanted to Dress in Drag


Take this bread, it is fairtrade.

One of my dear guests for dinner, Lourdes, failed to convince me that the acronym the exiles intended to use for a new non-governmental organisation/charity is kosher. Sige nga, make me believe that "OR" in F.O.R.W.A.R.D is a proper acronym for 'OveRseas'.

I was already tipsy from the third glass of sherry, after the two glasses of wine and three shots of port, when I had the courage to engage Sarah's parents in conversation. My mind was really blank that day from work stress so I didn't feel confident I could prevent myself from doing something Ben Stiller-ish in meeting the parents. Thankfully, they were genuinely nice folks. (Except that when Sarah told me ages ago that her mother was a 'diplomat', she was modest not to tell me that she just happens to be the Ambassador to France.) Her father then regaled me with horror stories of unsolved murders that happen in dark underground stations in gruesome detail. This I took was a subtle way of telling me "Layuan mo ang anak ko you ugly orc!". We also talked about veterinary medicine, definitely not my field of expertise so I was way out of my depth. The solution was to continue drinking myself silly. At least, I can blame the alcohol.

My former uber-lesbian ex-flatmate Heather was also at dinner and she informed us that she just completed her first Paris marathon. She did not run to raise money for charity though so I took her to task for her selfish motives. I think she just wanted to meet new girls. Still, I must admit that that is a very good reason for joining a marathon, in Paris no less. Her time was 5 hours, which is not a bad first effort for a 41km race.


His Royal Orangeness Karl Willem hosts May High Table dinner for up and and coming South African political star James, who just submitted his PhD thesis, and Lourdes of Akbayan-Anakpawis-Ako Muna Partylist - Cubao Jeepney Operator Drivers Association. At the far end were The Nashman's good friends, Heather and Sarah and her parents, in front of HRO Karl Willem was another Spanish colonial from Colombia. The Nashman suggested a trade for Cordilleran green gold for South American coca leaves.

The Nashman had vegetarian fish.

The High Table is always watched over by the Lion and the mystical Brasenose Bicorn and His 12-inch schlong. Women are advised not to stare at it as it has the magical effect of making them horny.