The Curse of the DVD Marathon



It has been a rainy weekend. Thankfully, I visited the DVD/Music store Fopp, purveyor of all things cool and cheap, and got some classic discs. One of them is a boxed set of Saturday Night Live Sketches from Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, Sandler, and Will Ferrel. The Murphy sketches from the 80's are such a riot. There's even a surprising one involving a very young Drew Barrymore. A very very young Drew. You can't fantasise about her at that age because you'd be a sick paedo. She was so young here that she wasn't even smoking dope yet. (Drew started doing weed at 11. I can't blame her though. It's that ET thing Spielberg made her do. That's sure to fuck up your innocent brains. And should you know, I have NEVER watched ET.)

Ike Turner has a new blues album out called Risin' with the Blues. If you order it from his website, he (well, one of his minions from the record company) promises to send you an autographed photo as well. I've lifted my ban on Ike Turner music ever since he admitted hitting Tina. It was the drugs he says. Now that he's reformed, I've been listening to an entire back catalogue of Ike and Tina music without the bad vibes. It is said that geniuses and creative types are prone to bad temper. Caravaggio for example was no different from your typical testosterone-addled hooligan but no one can deny that when he replaced the dagger with a paintbrush, he was a master. Same with Papa Ike. This man can lay the muthafucking blues and when he starts, it's one hell of a freaking ride. He also does keyboards for Gorillaz.

It's cold and windy outside that it's so nice to be indoors drinking cerveza and eating tapas. I wish I had a girlfriend though and I wouldn't have to be wrapped up with a duvet like a shawarma...Mmmmmm, shawarma....mmmmm.

My new macbook is handling this quick succession of DVDs very well. It's still a bit slow though than my amped pc. I need to put on my wig and make-up again and sell my body on the mean streets of Oxford to raise money to buy a 2GB ram upgrade. GI, me lovey and sucky sucky you, ten dollah?

Take note that I'm using my macbook without taking it out of a Crumpler case. Parang yung sofa nyo yan sa bahay diba? Or yung upuan ng Lancer Evo mo na pina-park mo sa no parking zone para pumorma pero hulugan naman. Tatlong taoon na, di mo pa tinatanggal yung plastic cover. In my case, I'm just being carefully maingat with my new stuff. Ang hirap kayang pumasada gabi gabi para yurakin ng mga laseng na babae ang aking pagkadalisay para maka-ipon ng £644.13 na pambili ng mac.

Oh wait, gossip gossip.....I met a nice girl the other day. I think she might be, drum roll, the ONE....I need to meet her again and be sure because I wasn't wearing my glasses. Baka naman layotogenic or napintabs (= napintas ngem tab-bed).

My former flame from the past (now happily married), sent me this picture and I'm flummoxed......



It kinda looks like a monkey wanking.

How evil to remind me that I'm not getting any action. Well, dahling, it's not for a lack of trying. I'm just saving myself for the right girl. I hope she comes soon though because I'm thisclose to selling barrels of taho......Ta-hooooooooooo. Talagang matagal-tagal ng 'di nakakadura si aking Pedro, baka tokwa na nga iluwa nya eh...

Tatagalugin ko muna baka mabasa ng aking mga estudyante. Sobra sila ha. Hindi porke't binigyan sila ng kopya ng lecture notes in advance ay babasahin nila yun bago ang klase! Que Horror! Sa simula ng aking klase tinanong ko kung binasa nila yung reading list expecting na tipong rhetorical question lang ang aking drama. Ay pota, bigla nalang nilang sinabing Yes, we've done some advance reading as well. Punyeta, nung ako ang estudyante binabasa ko lang ang libro pag napagalitan na kami ng guro. And so dahil binasa nila ang lecture notes, wa na ako syempre ituturo nung session na iyon. So puro advanced questions na ang mga pinagtatatanong nila sa akin. Yung isang gaga, ang hirap ng tanong so kunwari hindi ko sya narinig at nag mega-excuse me titser may I go out kunwari para mag-wiwi at tumakbo sa aking workstation para i-Google ang sagot. Shet, may gamit rin pala ang Wikipedia kahit mali mali ang factoids na nilalaman dun. If only to say anything na parang totoo. So pagbalik ko sa class, tinanong nya ako ulit at syempre taimtim kong sinagot na parang alam na alam ko. Actually cute sya, dahil kung hindi at may nagtanong sa akin ng mahirap, bibigyan ko sya ng problem na sobrang mahirap para i-solve sa board. Yung tipong hindi nya talaga ma-sosolve dahil in the perst place, kulang yung details sa tanong. Buti nalang internet age na at pwede kong i-google ang mga iskul bukol na estudiante ilang linggo bago pa man magsimula ang klase. So alam ko mga hitsura nila at laman ng blog nila kung meron. Ayaw ko kse ng mga chaka-du na estudiante noh. Ang hirap na nga magturo tapos kung may panget sa audience eh di para akong nakaharap lagi sa salamin. Di lang ako madidistract, masisindak pa! So yung mga na-google ko na mukhang anak ni Janice, mali ang room at time na in-email ko sa kanila para di sila makadalo sa klase ko. Nyehehehehe. May isa naman na nakalusot at sumipot sya sa tamang oras at lugar. So sabi ko sa kanya na merong akong existentialist experiment para sa kanya, Go to the back of the room and face the wall! Sabi ng course director, bawal daw dito sa Inglatera ang ganun. Sabi ko Che, it worked for me in Da Pelepens, why should it not work here......