Good bye & Thank you Paul Scholes




Last night's testimonial match was the final game we'll ever see Paul Scholes in a Manchester United kit ;( In 2010 he once said ""I try to ignore the plaudits. It is nice for people to say positive things but I just put it to one side and concentrate on the next game."

The man that never seeks the limelight, quiet but masterclass at what he does best, play football! His debut came on 1994 League Cup, even scored twice to go on and win the match. Fast forward to 2011, he finally hangs up his boot. Making a whooping 466 League appearances 102 goals, and 130 European appearances 26 goals. Truly one of the best midfielder to ever played in Manchester United or not in world football. I still remember watching him as a kid, love love him! Really sad to see you retire but the day will come for all to call it a day.





Just some words from other greats about Scholes :)

-Xavi: Scholes is the best CM I seen in the last 15 - 20 years,If he'd been Spanish he might have been rated more highly.

-Zinedine Zidane: My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester united. He is the complete midfielder.

-Edgar Davids: ""Every one of us (midfielders) is just trying to become as good as him. Everyone can learn from Paul Scholes, I’m not the best, Paul Scholes is. We can all learn from Paul Scholes.”

Ryan Giggs: "I have played with some great players during my time at United but I would have to put Paul Scholes down as the best.”

-Thierry Henry: "I can't understand why Scholes has never won the player of the year award. He should have won it long ago. Maybe it's because he doesn't seek the limelight like some of the other 'stars'."

-David Beckham: Among his teammates at Real Madrid, which included Zinedine Zidane, Raúl, Ronaldo, Luís Figo and Roberto Carlos, Scholes was the most admired opponent : "He's always one of those people others talk about. Even playing at Real Madrid, the players always say to me 'what's he like'? They respect him as a footballer.

Pep Guardiola: "Out of everyone at Manchester United, I would pick out Scholes – he is the best midfielder of his generation. I would have loved to have played alongside him."

Sir Alex Ferguson: "He's one of the great players to come through the ranks here."


Thank you again Paul Scholes, you'll be missed LEGEND!!! <3!