Old Trafford, Here i come..


DID YOU READ THAT RIGHT? or let me repeat...

                 I AM GOING TO OLD TRAFFORD!!!!!

*I can already picture my self with approximately 75,000 fans jumping up and down, holding up a Man United scarf throughout the game singing along*

Back then badminton was always my childhood sport, my dad introduce that sport to me, bought me a kiddie racket when i was 2 and we played everyday behind the alley, in front by the gate, parks that has open air court. Then as time goes by, i was 8years old when i first heard the name "Manchester United" I started watching a little football, one fine day i decided to try kicking a ball. My neighbor has one and they offered me to play with them, so there i was started off playing on the street, bare foot running around plus we were pretty silly that every time car comes we have to stop and pause the game and look like idiots. LoL, trust me this happened many places back in Malaysia, so we're not the only geeks haha..So the older i got i learn the game further, i watched more and more football, and of course the influenced i got supporting United was through my neighborhood. Then of course whenever you support a team, there's always one person in the team that really inspire you, and that man was "Eric Cantona" He's one of the Legend in the club, believe it or not he only played for United 5 seasons, 1992-1997. Now can you imagine how big of an impact he made, so yes this is how it all started for me. 

I can still remember when i was in primary school, i always wanted to buy their jerseys, and trust me it ain't cheap. It was at least RM350 per kit, without name / number or the English premier league badge, it wasn't even by NIKE back then. To buy their merchandises there was a store in SS2 called the Manchester United Malaysian football fan club, i went there once and that was the last time. I bought 2 jersey, one with name/number ("Cantona 7" of course) and the other just a home kit, in fact i wanted to buy the whole shop! I was begging my mom to get me the bed sheet, pillow cover, floor carpet, curtains, towels, whatever they had there i wanted! I don't remember what else i bought, maybe some other small cheaper merchandise like stickers maybe? But yeah i remember spending 4 digits in that store, and yes i was 10-11years old, that's a lot of money especially for clothing. Up til today i still have them in my closet, and as i grow older i started saving my monthly allowance and maybe buy one jersey every 2-3 seasons, i couldn't afford their names and numbers though =( 

Now do you get why i always buy so many of their jerseys? I finally earn my own money and yes eventhough its a waste of money buying every season but its my passion and i cannot go through one season seeing them play on TV and not have what they wear!! I now own a total of 10 jersey, soon to be 12 =) It's still A LOT cheaper than girls shoes, handbags and what not, so don't even try comparing. Believe it or not, this helps my girl friend a lot in the buying presents department, anytime when she wants to surprise me with a gift, and she can't think of any, Manchester United merchandise is what she goes for. Best of all without fail, i will love it! LoL!! I think my last 3 United kits were all bought by her, so yes she spoils me hehehe. 


Okay we're going out of topic! Now back to Old Trafford, as you guys can see i have updated my holidays section at the side, i will be visiting Europe once more! It's been 3years plus now, so i am super excited and more on that in another entry, this will solely be my upcoming Manchester trip! I will be arriving Manchester on the 4th Nov and be leaving to London on the 6th, i have most of my itinerary mapped out! I will be doing a museum and stadium tour on the 4th (OMGOMGOMG!) and i will be atten...WAIT FOR IT...ding a match between Manchester United vs Sunderland on the 5th (OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFG!) I will be going to watch the game with one of my oldest best buddy Tim, my high school friend + fiance that is staying in Newcastle and my one and only other half babygirl =) She is probably sick of Old Trafford now that i go bonkers almost every single time when we mention about Manchester, lol and this post entry ain't helping any hahaha!! 

Old Trafford front entrance "19"

The famous Streford End
I have to steal some google search images, just for now =) I will have 217387126387163 pictures to post up after my trip! Thinking of the trip gives me goosebumps already, experiencing how loud and noisy during match day is just gonna be one of the highlights of my life. I was happy to just go a museum / stadium tour, but to experience a proper league match is just beyond my wildest dream. One small kid from Msia that just wanted to collect their jersey is now finally going to Old Trafford, hahaha seriously my lifelong dream is finally coming true.. Tears will definitely come when i am there and i wont be ashamed one bit, i support from the heart baby! Theater of Dreams, here i come this November!