RIP Hildabeast.......


Today was the hottest day of the year so far.

After working for two weeks, time to take a short vacation. HRO Karl Willem and I are off to Andalucia. We initially wanted to climb the Mulhacen but realised we did not have enough time. So it's another bahala na kung saan mapadpad trip. My ankle has healed and I did a couple of sprints at 11pm last week. Aldean, despite his tennis pedigree ,challenged me to a race and I blew him off the planet. I now need to wait for my running partner to give birth to her princess and then I should be able to purge my own pregnant belly.

The temperature rose to the high 20s today so I can only imagine how hot it will be in Andalucia, which is good anyway because I can shift my biological clock, by taking long siestas to avoid the heat, in time for the much awaited trip to meet the Harajuku girls.

The World Cup started today so there will be a party atmosphere everywhere. Excluding Brasil, who are truly masters of the beautiful game, I'm rooting for, in particular order, England (but of course, it's where I'm living in exile from the evil hobbit bitch Arrovo), any third world/former colonial country (because it's always good to root for the underdog), Holland (because they're HRO Karl Willem's team); Spain (the motherland), France (because I'm an Arsenal fan), Serbia, Iran, Sweden, and of course Japan (representing my 'hood of Asia). I might as well also root for the Soccerroos of Oz but sadly they are not going past the first round.

To my blog fans, yes the nine of you who read this blog, I probably won't post so soon so have a go at answering these questions. They are from the exam papers given to the Honour School of Physics and Philosophy. I always wondered why the undergrads seem to always work so hard in the library, even when I took great effort in annoying them by making silly noises, so I had a peek at the exam papers from last year....

1. Can you imagine a desire?
2. How do you know there are any other conscious beings to mark this paper?
3. I can conceive of a creature with radically false beliefs about its environment, so how can I know that I am not such a creature.
4. 'If time-travel is possible, then it is possible for an effect to precede its cause'. Does this refute the possibility of time-travel?
5. What, if anything, has the scientific method got to do with induction?

Oki class, pinish or not pinish'd, pins down, pass your peepers to the pront...wan, tu, tri......


Medyo kahawig ba?

Summer means garden parties and champagne on the lawns (only if you think you passed your finals exams)

8pm and it was still so hot....

HRO Carlos Guillermo packs for another backpacking adventure to Andalucia. We are looking forward to Moorish architecture, cold cerveza and tapas, passionate flamenco, and maybe even a flaming muy bonita senorita to keep us company.

To my dear friends Jo the pretty communist and Helene the pretty Swede - Your all-girls college is no more. In a vote this week, your Dons have agreed to finally accept men to St. Hilda's. This means no more raunchy all-girl parties.....

Hildabeasts must now learn to hug boys as well.....

Hildabeasts are known for gratuitous nudity.....

Quite sexist cartoon I must say, I think it is men who must adopt to the female toilet. We'll put the toilet lid down when we're done....promise.....