Perhentian August 9-12th (2010)


3nights4days in my favourite island in the world, Pulau Perhentian. Do nothing but dive / stare at nothing / eat / enjoy the sound of wind and waves hitting the shore, just simply perfect. This trip has been so different from the last few i have been, firstly i went without my baby, secondly i also went with 6 people from Amsterdam and i do not know 3 of 'em (other 3 was my gf's close friends) thirdly, i dived pretty little and i did not expect to see much because this trip was all about learning to shoot underwater photos from my instructor, and last but not least we slept in a room that had no hot shower plus got disturbed everynight by cockroaches...(One even crawled on my neck while i was trying to sleep, can you imagine my reaction when i realized? Classic, period)

Anyway i wont be getting into that topic, something i would want to not remember for the rest of my life. Lets start off with congratulations to the new certified divers, Ying-Monique-Dillon-Xiufang! To be honest, i think they did way better than baby & i for the basic skills and first few dives. I am so happy that they enjoyed the same that we did with my coolest instructor ever Andy Lua! I did 5dives this trip, 4 of them was with them, and it wasn't the best dives because each dives i had to wait for 10-15mins underwater while they finish doing their basic skills, but i kept practicing my camera shots while waiting, and i'm proud to say i think i have learn a lot and done a very good job at almost all the pictures (Philippines, Malapascua! Here I come to shoot all the beautiful pictures!!!) I shot more humans than fishes this trip, LOL!! So there was a list of mission for my diving trip this time, 1) To dive at Sugar Wreck 2) To see Tripod the turtle @ Tokong Laut 3) Learn picture photography under water 4) Dive with my best instructor Andy 5) Enjoy my dives with the group that i went with. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, I manage to do all the mission in the list =))

I must say, seeing the tripod turtle with 3 legs was my highlight of this trip.. Eventhough this is a resident turtle, i know a dive master that been to Tokong Laut 50 times, and never seen it once =/ Dillon a friend from Amsterdam said when he saw the turtle, his felt like his heart had stopped and just got blown away how graceful it looked like swimming, eating and just going doing his own thing.. I must say i felt almost the same, he is just truly godsent turtle, hope to see him many more times the next trip in September with my baby!!

Well something crap hapened though, i lost my fucking mask for the 2nd time!!! First was at Tioman after a dive i took it off and did not realize i dropped it while i was swimming back to the boat. This time i lost it while the boat was slowing down to the dive site and i decided to rinse it, and bam the wave got the better of my fingers n it slipped :/ Thankfully my baby has another spare to borrow me for the time being, zzzzzz i hate myself!! I was pretty scared to ask her at first haha, i thought she would kill and kick my ass, but i'm guessing she will when i see her, lol! The weather this trip wasn't that great either, first 2 days was pretty cloudy, third day was pretty sunny but it wasn't the hot kind of sun, and of course every time when ur fun ends, on the last damn day the sun was HOT as hell, and we had to go -__-

It's pretty late already, i doubt i will be uploading pictures on Facebook or in my blog, so will just show you some of the pics i have taken during this trip. Major improvements from what i took in Thailand, Koh Lipe. Enjoy your weekends =) Good night and stay tune for the pictures, probably this or next week !!


Tripod, one of the few pictures i have took. My brain stopped working when i saw it, so not much pictures, but got a nice video :)




Girls posing while the instructor is teaching! LoL, on land and in water, still a camwhore!



Dillon posing underwater

SeaHorse Dive Center in Perhentian has a 2010 wall, and Dillon had a message for baby :D BTW he wrote Dillon & Nic, lol not ME!
&
The rest of the crew made me sign this too, lol!

Last but not least, like i said the sun was amazing on the last day, we 3 camwhored like mad hahaha! =p