Christmas Day


The only time of the year that I can shamelessly eat chocolate pudding. It's Belgian due to the Audrey Hepburn craving I've been having.

Oy Vey! I woke up late again on Christmas day and proceeded to watch tv all day and stuff myself. I will have to stop soon or else I'll gain half an inch on my waistline which is enough reason to be ostracized in today's vain society. For now, there are 11 more days of Christmas and I will do nothing but eat sleep eat sleep.

The only good thing about not being in Baguio this time of the year is that I don't have to worry about the little gremlins of godchildren tugging on my heartstrings with their carefully choreographed song-and-dance routine before I hand out my Christmas Aguinaldo (gifts). Often, I secretly wish I were a REAL mafioso godfather and when the little godchild misses a step or a note during his/her performance that I could just snap my finger and have the poor little thing banished to the dungeon. Howa coulda you do theeez to mee. I'm your godfather. Howa coulda you missa a steppa in the boom tararat dance?

Having godchildren visit you at Christmas is not a simple undertaking. Sure you know who is ACTUALLY your godchild but more often than not, your godchild HAS OTHER siblings. Other siblings that will be scarred for life and turn out to be serial killers if you ignore them as you hand out your gift just to the ONE godchild whose baptismal certificate has your name on it. The others will look at you with the Eyes of Chucky asking What about us? (You simply cannot say Tse, asa ka pa. Hindi kita inaanaak noh!). And so you open your wallet and give some extra monetary gifts to these other siblings, making sure you give double the monetary amount to your actual godchild allowing the others to feel less loved and inadequate (as they should really be from you). It doesn't end there. You then pick up a 50-peso note and stuff it to their mother's mouth saying, Kumare, and landi mo. Laylay na pekpek mo buntis ka pa rin ng buntis. Heto, bumili ka naman ng condom at yung magiging bunso hanapan mo ng mayaman na ninong.


The TV marathon began with The Simpson's (classics!), Babe (a movie about talking food), Harry Potter 1 (yey! they look so young and innocent) and ended with Ricky Gervais' stand-up show.

Continuing on The Nashman's sleep studies, today I slept a ridiculous 10.5 hours straight as seen from this time-lapse video. Shocking, really.