Merry Christmas



I'm going to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas alone apart from the occasional eating frenzy. I'm a bit sad to be far away from the honey-glazed jamon, queso de bola, macaroni salad, inihaw, kilawen, dinakdakan, and instant orange juice made with bottled water that is the staple of Pinoy Xmases but as always, I'm just happy to be alive. That's more than enough reason to be in a celebratory mood.

Today, I ceremoniously suspended my academic work at 4pm which is 12am Christmas Eve Baguio time. Went to the grocers to get some things to cook that will last me during the coming two days that my energy consumption will be at a surplus.

As far as Christmas decorations are concerned, Julia got me these two red robed figures from Munich and they will keep me company as I hibernate. (Technically, not accurate as I will be stuffing myself with the leftovers in my cupboard.)



And to cheer me up, Hilary lent me this semi-environmentally friendly glowing Christmas tree. It plugs into the USB slot and changes colour! Hours of endless entertainment!





I must remember to unplug it when I turn hyperglycemic. Even with just a few minutes staring at this tree, I feel as if I've OD'd on hallucinogenics.