Let's Get It On



As God is my witness, this year will be my Annus Mirabilis.

It's the 12th day of Christmas and now it's back to work. Wooha! I don't do New Year's resolutions but this year I promise to:

1. Complete no less than three academic publications.
2. Reduce my carbon footprint, reduce consumption, and only eat 2 full meals a day.

We are thankful for last year's bountiful harvest and hope that this year will be just as adequate.


We cast away the bad memories of last year


and welcome the new.......



Well, maybe not that. Pat Robertson of the 700 Club is a fucking fundamentalist nutter and I won't have any of such negative vibes this year....



And sorry, Nostradamus, I think you are a twat as well. (Maybe not as evil as Pat Robertson!)



Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. Spread only Love and Peace and we'll be fine. Less war, more shagging I say! (But please please use contraception. The world is overpopulated already which is why everyone's so stressed.)

Indeed, what better way to start the New Year than with love. (Maybe this year, I'll just let myself go and fall in love again....maybe not. But I promise to love my family and friends more each day this year.)



I'm off to Scotland for a couple of days to be a witness to High School mates' Aldo and Kerry's wedding. Holy Kabunian, it took them a short 12 years to come to this natural conclusion. It's good to be in a proper wedding (and not a shotgun one which happens only because the girl is pregnant)! I thought of bringing Aldo to a strip joint Monday night but that just ain't my thing. Instead, I hope to convince him to do the underground ghost tour. I'm interested to experience the Mackenzie Poltergeist. Apparently, people have been fainting at its usual haunt in a secluded area in the cemetery. O talaga? Sya ba ang siga doon? Matingnan nga. Ok, maybe a ghost tour is not a good thing to do the night before the wedding but then again surely there is nothing scarier than getting married?