Treasures from Baguio City Market Part Deux - Umali Kayo, Mekeni, Mangan Tayo


Yum. Cancel tonight's reservations to Nobu. I'm gonna gorge on stinky but delicious Pinoy peasant food.

I immediately cooked some of the 'espada' tuyo that Ana brought from Las Islas Filipinas. To make it a feast, I added Alexandra's offering of Lucky Me instant noodles topped with itlog malasado. For the coup de grace tropical tanghaling-tapat effect, I ate next to the radiator where it was boiling hot and took my shirt off. Of course, I ate with my hands.


This Pinoy meal goes well with 2005 Loosen Riesling from the Mosel valley. Ah, das ist gut! Heaven!

I finished the whole bottle of Riesling with Boy Bawang while listening to Jose Feliciano. Sarap ng tama mga repapaps, hindi na kelangang magjakol para maganda ang tulog.