Solos are good but duets are even better.....


His Royal Orangeness Karl Willem and PA/PR Gromit, Patron of Music and the Arts, welcome music afficionados to Queen's for a special recital.

I watched good friend Sarah D. play her instrument.

It's always a pleasure to see one of your pretty friends exhibit how adept they are with their fingers. I was envious especially when she did her solo. I wanted to jump out of my seat and pluck her instrument too because she seemed to be enjoying herself.

At the end of the recital, I revealed my bamboo organ and offered to play it if anyone in the audience was up to it.

I told them my organ playing normally takes 4 minutes but if they were willing to help me play my organ, maybe we could skip the adagio and go straight to the crescendo before ending with an explosive climax. Sadly, there were no takers as everyone was still basking in the afterglow of Sarah's inspired fingering. I guess I'll do my solo recital alone in my room like I always do.


HRO Karl Willem and PA/PR Gromit don't look nervous at all.

PA/PR Gromit warms up by playing some Ruben Gonzalez.

The playlist. Sarah started with Mozart, before tackling a really sad piece by Stravinsky. She ended with some Beethoven which put a smile on everyone's faces.

Sarah D. was honored to have HRO Karl Willem and PA/PR Gromit sponsor this event.

After the recital HRO Karl Willem went to the museum for more art. (Actually, we spent more time in the cafe.)

HRO Karl Willem decreed that we should spice up the day by gorging on Thai food.

HRO Karl Willem end's the day with some ganache.