Year of The Pigs

The Chinese calendar says this year's the Year of the Pig.

I must admit that apart from making dumplings from scratch, my Sino culinary skills are non-existent. I couldn't cook Chinese food to save my life. (In fact, there is no motivation for me to learn Sino homecooking as there are so many take-aways.) So for my mini- Chinese New Year dinner, I jazzed up some instant noodles with chilies, eggs, and chicken bits. For dessert, I settled for the Benguet staple of strawberries in cream and condensed milk (with a dash of vanilla). Beer was Belgian.

May we all live long and prosper.



Apparently, for good luck and prosperity this year, one should hang images of pigs.

I found just the right set of images for this blog.................



Here's a better pig picture, GMA and Mike figuring out how to cheat a struggling vendor in my beloved city of Baguio.....


(photo by Andy Zapata Jr. Manong, apologies for the annotation...)