I Is Ready For My Close Up Mr. Spielberg


Me on my favorite spot along the River Cherwell at sunset.

The Middle Earth summer is holding on well so far. It's hot and humid in the daytime and at night we get treated to fantastic kick-ass Noah-bring-your-boat-out storms. I stayed up till 1am just to watch the fireworks and dance to the thunder. It's even better because I'm one of the few souls living in the Manor this summer and it has 30 empty rooms. Spookylicious.

The inaugural BritDoc festival is going on at the Bricks and Shit College (Keble College, we call it such because of the two-tone brickwork. It's a nice college and they own one of the best of the pre-Raphaelite paintings, perhaps to atone for the brick work that is truly bricks and shite.) This documentary movie festival has the lofty goal of becoming some sort of Sundance Film Festival. Today, I went to see an outdoor screening of "Mad Hat Ballroom" about the ballroom dancing program in the innercity primary schools in New York. Nice kids, I hope they don't grow up to join gangs and deal drugs and all that other shit. (Shit, I have said shite in this paragraph 5 times. I can't help myself everytime I think of Keble college. To think that when Julia 'seduced' me to leave Cantabrigia for Middle Earth, it all happened in Keble. Oddly, I still love her even if she abandoned me here. Oh well, that's life. Moving along...)

I played with the prototype Nokia N93 mobile phone which has a 3.2 megapixel camera and an optical zoom lens. My my, how times have changed. My first digital camera was a mere 2 megapixel. Still, this new phone is no match to the 5megapixel mobile phone cameras I saw in Tokyo, but then again the Japs are tech-freaks (and I mean that in a good way.)

I was supposed to go up on the hot air balloon but the winds were too strong for flying. Oh well, maybe next time.

Ah, my evil nemesis, we meet again...Actually this squirrel is getting on my nerves, I was here first! Each time I come here for my late afternoon siesta, this pest is always around thinking he owns the place. I will definitely bring a cricket bat next time.

Kung mangangabayo, gumamit ng lobo.

The Nokia Nwhatever phone working prototype. It's nice because it has an SD card slot instead of the expensivo XD or Sony memory card format.

That's a picture of me taken with the Nokia Nwhatever phone transmitted via bluetooth to the printer.

Evening outdoor movies. A great way to end the day.

The following pictures are for my friends who are away from Middle Earth. They may be gloating but they are missing the Middle Earth Sunshine and the festive atmosphere. By the time they are back, it'll be good ol' British rainy season again. And it's my turn to head south.

For Lourdes, who is in Durban South Africa; Maria who is cycling across Burma and Vietnam; and for Ashley (God knows where that biatch is) I love you all but these humps are for you........Click the picture to enlarge and put your cheeks next to where the sun don't shine....