I'm sick......

...as in literally. And instead of flooding my system with drugs, I'm just going to let myself succumb to the virus and do some long canoodling with my duvet in bed.

While I'm still strong, I cooked a big ass portion of Bakareta to last me 1.5 days. It's sorta like kaldereta but using beef instead of goat. Some people call it beef kaldereta but where I'm from if it ain't got goat it ain't kaldereta.

Of course some smart alecky betch is bound to point out to me that kaldereta is from the latin caldaria which became the spanish caldera and french chaudiere meaning 'cauldron'. Hence, anything cooked in a caldero is a caldereta.

Kaldereta does come from caldera but the "c" has been replaced by "k" for the Ilocano term for goat which is kalding.


PA/PR Gromit supervises cooking while His Royal Orangeness Karl Willem looks on.

The bakareta was put on top of red Benguet rice (yes, there are other edible plants in Kapangan apart from cannabis sativa). Anyways, we give this 3 out of 5 stars mainly because for convenience we used Brussels pate instead of Reno liver spread to help finish off the sauce. Somehow, it didn't taste right although it was still yummy. Kasla haan nga oridjinal ya ngem nag-imas latta kasla-ak met ada idiay Kayang Street.