An Open Letter to Angel Locsin


Does this come in the Philippine Flag?

Dear Angel,

Magandang araw!

I do not (yet) know you or have the slightest clue what you actually do but my friend sent me a link about you and I saw that you are:

1. Pretty. Very.
2. Doing an 'intensive' four week 'pashun' course in London so that you can be like J.Lo and release your own swimwear/underwear line.

In your eksklusib interbyu, you say you are enjoying your 'freedom' in London, being treated like an 'ordinary' citizen. Clips were shown with you on the Tube, riding down the escalator, walking on the street, and other mundane activities that 'ordinary' people do. I must ask, don't you find it dreadful not to have an alalay around to 'make pasok the metro ticket into the yucky kadiri turnstile touched by the peasants"?

I see that you now live in the Borough of Kensington. Shame you live outside the palace with the unwashed masses. Had I known you were coming, I would have put you up in one of my posh friends' lodgings.

Anyways, I do pray that you are enjoying your stay in England. Fashion is a very demanding endeavour. It's all about inspiration and setting trends. I should know. I once wore a Penshoppe facetowel over the collars of my Bench T-shirt and suddenly, it became a craze copied by fashionistas from Pampanga to Cavite.

I know fully well that you need a burst of inspiration to come up with your own avant garde designs. I would like to invite you here to Oxbarrio as my guest. I'd like to show you a couple of very good exhibitions from where you can get that inspiration. I'm also an expert in women's underwear. I like those which easily come off. What do say we exchange notes?

Come to Oxbarrio and we'll walk hand in hand (for the paparazzi, imagine what being snapped with me will do for your career!) as we visit these two shows:


The works of these three Italians helped shape western post classical literature.

1. The Three Crowns Exhibit.
Oxbarrio is the most important place to learn Dante outside Florence. It owns priceless first editions of Commedia, made well before his rising stature compelled publishers to add the word "Divine". More importantly it has illuminated manuscripts having the most elaborate illustrations and finest calligraphy of Dante, Petrarch, and Boccaccio's literary masterpieces. It even has THE Suetonius copy that Petrarch owned and scribbled on. Allow me to read for you, in my bedroom voice, passages from Boccaccio's Decameron. This erotic and sensous obra will no doubt help you in your quest of designing swimwear to flatter the female form.

2. Stella Vine
You will love Stella Vine. Saatchi does, and he knows his art. Stella paints tongue-in-cheek portraits of celebrities spanning the whole spectrum from royalty (Lady Di) to D-list (Preston and Chantelle). You should see her larger than life Lily Cole series. The Kate Moss paintings are a must-see. This is the first time that 100 of her works are in one place. We can also talk to Stella. She knows a lot about underwear. After all, before she became modern art's enfant terible, she used to be a stripper. Hmmm, perhaps she can also give us a masterclass on how to properly take off the constricting pieces of clothing that enslave us, allowing us to reveal our true selves. Wouldn't that be lovely?

Anyways, I won't take much of your time. Heavens, no. Fashion is a very demanding industry. Blink and suddenly there's a new fad.

Please have your people call my people so we can arrange your visit,

Nagmamahal, Kapuso, at Kapamilya,

The Nashman
landline : 0870 276 1455
mobile: 07789845292


One of Stella Vine's gargantuan Kate Moss paintings