Awan met dagiti al-alya (Where them ghosts at?)



You'd think that living for four years next to a graveyard, I'd at least had the chance to see/feel/hear a ghost. But nooooooo. All those "haunted house/malevolent ghost" movies set in gloomy England that I watched as a kid gave me false hopes! You mean to tell me all those Scooby Doo adventures are not based on fact? What's the point of all those Shake, Rattle, and Roll movies?

I've been arriving home just past midnight for the last couple of days, dismounting my bicycle to walk across the graveyard and not a single spine tingling experience!

I live in a 1900s mansion with 11 rooms, only five of which are occupied, having lots of dark and narrow hallways, and I was hoping that there'd be some of the "others" lurking around but noooooooooo. Nada. Nothing. Nyet. Awan. For fun, I'd turn off the lights at 1am and walk around the halls asking them poltergeists to at least make their presence felt. Nothing.

Ok, maybe the fact that I don't believe in ghosts scare them away. But fricking c'mon! How am I supposed to doubt their non-existence and question my lack of faith if they won't help out. It's not as if I'm not trying hard enough.


There's nothing more welcoming than a black pussy on top of a gravestone.