Blah blah blah

Three day weekend!

Not quite. Running experiments over the weekend. Hopefully my last major one.

I've probably consumed a whopping £42,000+ for my research and surely I can start writing my thesis. Mahiya naman ako kay Madir Elizabeth II kung wala output. Aba, nagtitipid na nga ang Reyna by turning off the lights every night. Gumagamit na rin sila ng tupperware to store leftovers.

I've always taken for granted how well financed graduate studies here are. I'm very very grateful especially since most labs back home can only dream about getting this much funding for blue skies research. As in to buy something worth £3000 at a time, isang pirma lang at walang red tape. Actually, nagbiro lang ako one time na masakit sa likod ko yung upuan, the following day, the secretary got a £380 ergonomic chair for me. Naiyak naman ako sa tuwa. Sabi ko "Fota, idiay SLU, research budget na nila yan for one year!"

Cross my fingers my last data will be good. If it's positive, I'm frigging gonna buy ya all Wagyu burgers from Selfridges followed by cocktails at Mahiki.

I've been actively looking for part time minimum wage jobs. Yung di na kelangang gamitin masyado ang utak while working. My ideal job would be at a bookstore/library or music store shelving books and records. £6.15 an hour is way below my usual talent fee but I only want no more than 14 hours per week. It's going to my Nepal fund. I hope to be there in February. If I don't raise enough money, eh di Flowerfest nalang sa Baguio. Actually i-abolish na sana yang Baguio Flowerfest, it has gotten way too big and too commercial plus the truckloads of garbage it attracts, literally and metaphorically, stinks up the city.

I'm also getting agitated as the summer ebbs, the leaves turn orange, and the days get shorter because I need to seriously evaluate long term prospects before winter and I haven't really decided.

Hand in heart, I want to stay in science and will pass on consulting and investment banking jobs for the moment. Pero, after four years of poverty, the glitter of big hedge fund bonuses is very difficult to ignore. Plus I look really good in slim cut Zegna suits.

I'm casually browsing for Europe and Singapore/Japan gigs. My dear adviser has said I should spread my net a little bit more and have a look at the good ole United States of North America. I googled employee benefits for a New York Uni and they ONLY give 12 days off. Ano yon lokohan? Bakit and EU standard eh 35 days paid leave? Tsaka hindi ba dangerous sa USA dahil lahat sila dun may baril?

Comparing tax rates, rents, cost of living, social life, cultural events, pension,blah blah across different cities is so stressful. Sigh, I wish I were younger!

Thankfully, we have a saying in da Pelepens - "Bahala na...."

Shet. Totally incoherent this blog post. So unlike me. Makapunta nga muna sa pub for a pint....


Da, it's true comrades. Mikhail Gorbachev is the new model for LV. I opened Tyler's, he of Wallpaper fame, new magazine and was nagulantang by this Liebovitz photo. Mikhail is so sexy. So much hotter than that "Ikaw ba yan?/Look at my mole" lolo.

His Royal Orangeness Karl Willem and PA/PR Gromit 'invite' some birds for dinner. We don't even need the whole bird, the breast or one leg will do. Mmmmm.

Our mansion actually borders the River Thames but the housekeeper says we don't have a footpath that leads directly to the river from the expansive grounds.....

..but this tree has fallen over the fence, providing a shortcut for a skilled brown monkey like The Nashman. I've been climbing trees since I was young, this is a walk in the park.

...ah, my new favourite quiet spot for making muni-muni.