Jologs


Jollibee-chomping fatsos beware......

Can someone tell me why/bakit/apay??? For the last two months The Economist hasn't included our beloved Las Islas Filipinas in its economic indicators listing. Is it because they don't trust our numbers? According to our evil and corrupt bitch of a president, Gloria Macapagal-Liar-Cheater Arroyo, our GDP is on the rise. She fails to mention that 10% of that is due to remittances from OFWs. Were it not for Malu Fernandez' favourite Flipinoys, da Pelepen economy would have long been bankrupted by Gloria Arroyo's penchant for stealing and handing out bribes.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyways, I barely read literature nowadays beyond the Saturday FT Magazine's book summaries but Paolo Manalo stalked me at a party recently and gave me a copy of his long out of print Palanca-winning book Jolography.

Being a Baguio native, I didn't have the faintest idea what Jologs means. I'm really not fluent with lowlander patois. After all, I went to a posh all-boys school which had mandatory enunciation classes and usage of slang meant suspension involving scraping off the bebel gam residues on the floor.


His Royal Orangeness Karl Willem listens pensively as PA/PR Gromit reads passages from Jolography.

I can't do book reviews but I must say I found Paolo's book very funny. I enjoyed the puns and the transliterations.


I asked Paolo to modify the didikition. Just in case I didn't like it and had to flog it on eBay.