Tarsday

I think I'm going down with the flu. Damnit! I must have gotten it from one of my students this week.

Potang-ena naman kasi, masyadong sineryoso ang kanyang pag-aaral. Hayun, nahawaan tuloy ako. Party season pa naman dito. Noong nag-undergrad ako sa Pelepens, sakit katamaran lang ay sapat na dahilan na para hindi pumasok. And if you knew me from back then, you'd know that I even had the manners to tell my instructors I WASN'T going to attend lectures the day before. Yan ang right conduct na itinuturo sa Catholic schools. Hey, at least I was honest to admit I was lazy and didn't pretend to be sick.

Hay naku, dito masyadong mahalaga ang pumasok ng klase. I don't even check attendance noh. Ang talent fee ko ay de horas, que pumasok kayo or hindi, may pambili ako ng bote ng ginebra at the end of the day. And besides, it's not as if kelangan paghirapan ang diploma ng Oxbarrio Uni. Hindi naman siya kasing-bonggacious ng mala-cartolina size na diploma ng The Ateneo or UST na may pa-Latin latin eklat pa.

Aaanyways, random crap I learned today.....


I used to sleepwalk when I was a child. I hope it's stopped now, given that I do sleep naked.

New Orleans asks why the federal government's response to the California fires are better and more extravagant. D'uh. Hello. It's because the California fires threaten the endangered species called "Celebrities". And to paraphrase my homie Kanye West: It's coz you is black and Bush hates (poor) black people. You know what I'm saying....And besides, they need the powerful California votes for next year.

The iPod nano costs $55 ONLY in component costs! It retails for $200 here!


One of my labmates had his farewell dinner tonight. He's moving to MIT (the one in Cambridge, MA, not the one in Intramuros). At first we were surprised to learn he was even applying for jobs in the USA. It's not like him. We were like "You? Going to the US? Something must be wrong with you." Well, granted that nearly everyone in our group finds the US a boring place to live, it has some of the best science programs in the world and they are very well funded. And Boston is probably the most European of all North American cities.

As for me, I'm keeping an open mind. I haven't been to the USA. I've never been compelled. Growing up in the Philippines, which is like a satellite USA, albeit poor and corrupt, I think I've already experienced what it would have been like to live ala-USA. Other countries seem so much more interesting and exciting. I want to live in places outside of my comfort zone. But anyways, I have never been to Uncle Sam's, so I can't judge, and yeah maybe I will check it out soon and those national parks they have over there are really attractive. Maybe if it doesn't completely burn down, I'll go to California. (Hwag lang sa Daly City dahil merong yaki-kadiri na Jollibee doon. Ew.)


I had Rigatoni, Speck e gorgonzola but I asked the waitress to pour all the parmigiano they have over it. I'm simply addicted to the stuff.