It's raining hobbits in middle earth.


I can't see the RadCam and All Souls Tower from my window.....

...and HRO Karl Willem and PA/PR Gromit declare it unsafe to venture out, making it a stay at home and bury yourself in the duvet day. I don't care that I don't have a girlfriend to lie in with and cuddle, I have a feather down duvet betch.

Our college tutor has a new book out despite telling us over dinner that he was semi-retiring from the travel documentary/writing business. (It's not the Tourette's book, duh). I harbor aspirations of being a travel filmmaker/writer. I think going around the world is a dream job. Only two problems stand in my way. First is I'm not a good writer. I have only this blog which is littered with malopropisms, bad prose, a tendency to reuse words, unimaginative composition, horrendous grammar, incoherence, and a tendency to reuse words. Second, what else is there that has not yet been done for the travel documentary genre? I mean, Michael is top of pops, his new series is broadcast on primetime, not on BBC3 not on BBC2 but on BBC1. (Maybe it helps that he's a Python. Whatever has Monty Python done for him?). There's another good travel docu, Tribe, by Bruce Parry, where he stays for a month with tribes around the world. Even that is only on BBC2. I can't think of anything novel to attempt. (Let's not even talk about Lonely Planet as that's so contrived and boring.) Hmmm, maybe I'll go around the world visiting only those countries which allow Filipinos in without a visa. That'll be a very thin book.

Joke of the day:


Am I the only one who DOESN'T have a direct line to God? Every damn trapo from Gloria Arroyo to that loony Raul Gonzalez claims to be able to talk to God! And you'd wonder why this is when they're closer to Satan. And why does God have an 'agent'? Is he diversifying to Avon products?