PS...Look who's back! Nov 26 2007, O2 Arena, London


The Lord of the Dark Strings is back!!! The closest I came to meeting these godlike blokes was in Stockholm last year when they accepted The Polar Music Prize. They were getting out of the Grand Hotel, all three of them!, onto a waiting car. 100. metres. away. from. me. They didn't play a single note that night, letting Nina Persson and The Soundtrack of our Lives, sing and pluck their tunes. This November, they've agreed to perform not one song, not a 30-minute set, but a long player with all the hits!!! My homies in High School from the band "Kabunian" covered "Stairway to Heaven" a lot and Alex Marcelo (the vocals), and Joshua Dizon (Baguio's Jimmy Page) got laid a lot after their set. My friends were cool and let me have a go with the other groupies, the ones they rejected because they were a bit fug. But hey, I was 14-16 and you don't say no to a free shag back then. 
Have you ever seen Stairway to Heaven played with a Cordillera nose flute? Come to da mountains, mon. We show you.