Killer App!!!! Adblock Plus

I normally don't read what my acquaintance The Jester classifies as "A-list" blogs of the Pinoy Blogosphere mainly because they have very little content that interest me personally and because they're full of shite ads. (More like Eh? List to me. Nothing personal on the bloggers. We feel we have to say that as the Cabal of the Pinoy Blogosphere are a whiny lot.)

Even the Inquirer and Philstar have such badly placed ads that are annoyingly distracting and cause epileptic seizures. As if their lay-out wasn't crappy enough.

I mean fair enough that people should be able to generate income from their online shrines to narcissism but it's really unlikely for me to click on those "Money 4 Your Blog" splattered all over. And really, you can't make money by putting banners on your blog. People are generally banner blind anyway. Having said that, it's a lot more pleasing on the eye not to have them in your peripheral vision.

Then, friends from the technology pages of The Guardian pointed me to adblockplus.org. It's soo kewl. It allows you to STRIP OFF ADS and more from a webpage!!!!!!!! (To get to the proper page it's better to google "adblock plus".)

As I said in the first paragraph, I very rarely visit sites plastered with lots of shit ads in the first place but today I went through all the so called Pinoy TopBlogs and had fun activating the newly installed Adblock Plus functionality on my browser. You can tweak the filters to your hearts content!

Take that evil Adsense! Take that You may have already won a laptop but not really scam! Take that Click here for cheap mortages! The Inquirer will be readable again!

Ehemplo:



Philstar, before and after! Notice the Big deperens?? No more shite banner ads!



Adsense stripping! Apologies to this blogger who ironically isn't mysterious at all as her full name is in her profile.



Now, isn't this better to look at? No shite ads..sweet.



Another banner-rich site for example is this and with adblock plus it's so simple to make the website more readable. Seriously do you even want to click on "Asian Girls are sexy?".....


Left adblock plus off, right adblock plus on.