Chicharon day.


Are you kidding me? May sira yata TV natin.....but it was no fluke. Copa America: Brazil 0, Mexico 2. Ronaldinho didn't play, give chance to others daw. Pero in fairness, magaling yung striker ng Mexico na si Castillo. Dibale, toma nalang tayo.

It's so fun having the language barrier. This morning I went to the laundromat and it was a monumental struggle trying to explain that the parallel streak marks on my silk undies should only be swabbed by cotton buds made of chamois. (Paano i-translate sa Portuguese ang pultit nga nangisit?) The lady was adamant that my suit should only be dry cleaned. How to tell her that I didn't care if they put it inside the wash? Marami ako pwede ipalit dyan galing ukay-ukay sa Baguio. My undies are more important than my suits, but I would appreciate it if they handwashed my Dunhill shirts. Bah, I really don't care if they ruin it, I'm not Gretchen Baretto, I can afford to buy new ones every season.

I'm writing a letter to the Brazilian President for the return of an important Philippine relic. Yesterday, HRO Karl Willem and PA/PR Gromit and I visited Da Escola de Minas. They had on display some meteorites and I was shocked to discover that they had a small one from Luzon!!!!! This has got to be Darna's!!!! Hoy ibalik nyo sa Filipinas ito! I guess this is why there is a prevailing cloud of evilness in my beloved country. Villians like Lintang Bedol and his mini-army are walking our streets. We need Darna back to round up all these fugly baddies! Return our meteorite!


All we need is coffee in the morning..then we can give you some all-day loving.

Lunch: Fresh chicharon. Kaya naman ang aking figure, so delicious.

HRO Karl Willem and PA/PR Gromit and Plaza Tiradentes.

This is the life, cold lager, pulutan, and live music before dinner.

Dinner, bean soup with more chicharon on top.

HRO Karl Willem in his newfound favourite afterdinner bar. More cachaca cocktails. It's nice to go to a place where the bartenders and waiter know you by name. We've gained their trust that we can order mean cocktails not on the menu. We loves!