Presenting..........

....ang pinakamahal na corn beef sa balat ng lupa! Yes, folks this tin cost me £3.30 or 300 pesoses!!!!


HRO Karl Willem and PA/PR Gromit are very troubled. Why is this so expensive? Is the can made of gold? The Zinc/Iron additive? Did it get from Manila to London on business class? Baket, why, apay???

Going inside Ate Cristy's (pronounced Ate Cres-te) Filipino-Oriental Store was like going to a grocery at Kayang Street. Ninety-percent of the stuff Ate Cristy sells are things I don't really like to eat but being in her store gave me the feeling of being home, which is priceless.

My mother was one of those 'cook from scratch' superwomen and we rarely ate anything that came packaged in a can. Kumbaga ang ketchen pelosofi ni mama, dapat ang sayote or amti bagong pitas! Hindi nailalagay sa lata ang freshness!

Anyways, I'm feeling homesick so I got load of stuff from Ate Creste such as Boy Bawang and Prima crackers. When she said my total was £18.80 napasigaw ako ng husto Ha???? Ate Creste mga iyan £18.80 kahet may descount na?????? Turns out that the tinned goods were 8 times as expensive as in Sunshine Supermarket. Namasahe pa kasi. It's a paradox innit? Talaga naman ang Penoy, gusto pa rin ang imported. Kaya kahet mahal, mabenta ang mga imported from Da Pelepens ni Ate Creste.


The only way I will eat such mediocre but expensive corned beef chock full of msg and nitrates is if I re-flavour it with lots of garlic, two ginormous heads of onions, pepper, paprika, labuyo, and some herbs de provence.

It ain't pretty but we like. It's like going to Chaparal or Peak-a-Boo. Hindi ka naman pumupunnta doon para uminom ng fine wine at kahit Beer na Beer lang sini-serve doon sarap ka pa rin diba?

Anyways, here are more shots from the additional shooting scenes for Dark Materials.


Now you see it....

Now you don't

Waw, pag! Parang Sission Rud!

And because I love all the casual blog readers of my personal online diary, (including the haters), here's some additional behind the scenes footage..