We need to unplug....


HRO Karl Willem and The Nashman will be away from the web for awhile...

Is there any place in Oxbarrio not covered by Wifi or mobile phone signal? The internet is such a distraction.

Awhile ago my mother called me from her mobile phone. Was the call important? No. Did she give me new information? No. Did she want to tell me something that would directly affect my happiness and well being? No. So why did she call me? Even when she handed the phone to my father, my father was disinterested and shouted in the background that he had nothing to say. (He is no doubt engrossed with Entertainment TV and the Rupa-Greta breaking news story.)

Turns out that my mom called me simply because of the fact that she has a cellphone and apparently in my beloved Pelepens prepaid mobile phone credits have an EXPIRY date!

Now, this must be daylight robbery by Smart and Globe (our mobile service providers.) Clearly, one should not pay for services not rendered. Globe and Smart are exploiting subscribers by having prepaid credits expire in 15 days.

So today, my mother wasted 80 pesoses just to call me to say nothing. A ringing phone is the most annoying sound on the planet. More so a phone call that is utterly pointless. What if that 80-peso phone call would have been better used, when it was really needed????

Globe (and Smart) Telecommunications Philippines, you are fucking crooks! You ruined my afternoon siesta.

And whoever leads the new Senate Committee on Telecommunications should look into this. Globe and Smart are fleecing its prepaid subscribers.

(Sayang yung load! Paano kung tumawag si Yilmaz at si Tita Anabelle?)